The APEC Committee
The APEC Ad Hoc Committee was officially established in 2010 at the Mid-Year Council Meeting in Stuttgart through the efforts of Nobuo Miyake to establish a formal relationship between the two entities. This is the first time for APEC to formally sign an agreement of cooperation with an association such as IPBA.
The Friendship Agreement between IPBA and APEC was signed at the Annual Meeting and Conference in Kyoto/Osaka, 2011.
The agreement outlines points of mutual cooperation between the two associations.
The mission of the APEC Committee of the IPBA is to promote international trade and investments in the Asia-Pacific region by developing cross-border legal practices through the cooperation between APEC and IPBA. With this overall mission, the Committee will lead and assist IPBA and its members in various activities, including the following:
- Cooperation with APEC in promoting sustainable economic growth and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region using the expertise of IPBA members.
- Exchange of information between IPBA committees and the various committees and working groups of APEC.
- Collaboration on seminars, workshops, fora and other events and projects organized, sponsored or supported by IPBA and/or APEC.
- Cooperation and collaboration with ABAC (APEC Business Advisory Council) concerning various business sectors.
- Use of a database for attorneys to better facilitate access to proessional legal services.
Activities to date include:
- Establishment of a databank of lawyers to enable persons in need of legal advice in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Signing of the Friendship Agreement between APEC and IPBA at the IPBA 21st Annual Meeting and Conference in Kyoto/Osaka.
- Participation of 5 IPBA members (Shiro Kuniya, Miyuki Ishiguro, Shigehiko Ishimoto, Eriko Hayashi, and Tatsuki Nakayama) as observers in the working session of APEC for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in St. Petersburg, Russia (August 2012).
- Participation of IPBA members Shigehiko Ishimoto and Tatsuki Nakayama in the SMEs working session in Manila (March, 2013).
IPBA Japan members also have an APEC Committee (Chair: Nobuo Miyake; Vice-Chairs: Shiro Kuniya, Miyuki Ishiguro, Shigehiko Ishimoto).
IPBA members attend the working session for Small and Medium Enterprises at the APEC Summit in St. Petersburg, Russia, 2012.
Beijing Globe-Law Law Firm (Globe-Law)
9/F, Tower C, Zhaotai International Center,
No.3 Chaowai West Street,
China Tourism Group Corporation Limited
CTG House, 4th Floor, 78-83 Connaught Road, Central
+852 2853 3733
Joon Woo Lee
Yoon & Yang LLC
34th Fl., 517 Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
Republic of Korea,
Korea, Republic of
Oh-Ebashi Law Firm
27F Nakanoshima Festival Tower2-3-18 Nakanoshima, Kita-ku