The IPBA Publications Committee is in charge of the publication of the IPBA Journal, IPBA's quarterly printed magazine.
Articles for the Journal are written exclusively by members of the IPBA. Each issue features a theme that is timely and relevant, with perspectives presented by members from various jurisdictions. Readers can also learn about professional and personal news regarding other IPBA members in the Members' Notes section of the Journal.
Articles and Members' Notes are now being accepted for the December 2022 issue of the IPBA Journal.
The theme is:
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Law and Practice
The deadline for submissions is
Friday, 21 October 2022
A. Articles with a focus on the theme will be accepted for consideration. Requirements for publication of an article in the IPBA Journal are:
- The article cannot have been published elsewhere in print or digitally. The ideal wordcount of the article should be about roughly 3,000 to 5,000 per article.
- Authors and co-authors must be members of the IPBA. Please provide your IPBA membership number(s) along with the article. Your membership ID number(s) can be found next to your photo in your online profile, in the Member Only section of the IPBA web site. Or, contact the IPBA Secretariat.
- The article must be of good quality both in terms of technical input and topical interest for IPBA members.
- The article must not be written to publicize the expertise, specialization, or network offices of the writer or the firm at which the writer is based.
- A lead paragraph of approximately 50 to 60 words giving a brief introduction to, or overview of, the article's main theme.
- Biography of the author(s) in 30 to 50 words.
- Photo(s) of the author(s) with the following specifications:
- Photo file format: JPG
- Resolution: 300dpi
- Dimensions: 4cm wide x 5cm high
B. Members' Notes: Requirements for publication in the "Members' Notes" section of the IPBA Journal:
- The note should be 50 to 100 words in length.
- The note should be limited to personal achievements such as a latest professional deal, award winning, change of firm, new education degree, book publication, etc.
- The note cannot be used to advertise any firm.
All submissions should be sent to the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Publications Committee, shown below.
The College of Law
Level 4, 570 George Street
61 2 9965 7074
1601 & 03, Fairmont House, 8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central
Hong Kong SAR ,
Hong Kong ,
(+852) 2363 1928
(+852) 2363 8296